Human Resources Generalist
- Cap8 Doors & Hardware™ is a full-service door distributor and installer located in the District and serving the Mid-Atlantic region. Cap8 offers a full range of architectural products from top-tier hollow metal, wood door and hardware manufacturers.
• Provide assistance to employees in the areas of policies and procedures.
• Provide resources directly to divisions by assessing departmental needs/organizational planning and development, evaluating departmental structure, job design and manpower forecasting.
• Identify requirements and government reporting regulations affecting the HR function. Monitors exposure of the company. Directs the preparation of information requested or required for compliance.
• Responsible for the establishment of performance management practices and follows through with action plans as needed. Create and/or review all performance management documentation for business units or for HR reports.
• Coach and direct supervisors and staff in the delivery and tracking of performance management.
• Execute and track all personnel transactions. Liaison with responsible administrators of each process.
• Supervise maintenance of personnel files pursuant to local laws and company policy.
• Administration of salary an bonus administration program.
• Serves as primary contact to ensure training requirements and participation.
• Mentors and coaches individuals on organizational and developmental issues.
• Participates and may facilitate in the development and implementation of in-house training programs that address the companies changing
• Mentors, supports and participates in all management training seminars for employees.
• Supports and conducts pre-screening and interviews as needed.
• Management of compliance for background and reference checking for new hires.
• Communicate and educate around benefit programs. Assists Open Enrollment and roll out of new programs.
• Provide career counseling to employees regarding internal progression/succession.
Skills and Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management
• Four (2+) years of experience in the HR field
• Position requires expert knowledge of principles and practices of human resources and personnel administration, highly effective oral and written communication skills. Requires excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills with employees and management.
• Ability to work and lead multiple projects with proactive follow through and tenacity.• Strong organization skills with demonstrated success utilizing creative/effective-sourcing techniques.
• Considerable judgment must be exercised when providing advice and counsel to employees.
• Proven ability to interact, persuasively and communicate with senior management
• Highly knowledgeable on state, local and federal employment laws and regulations
• Competitive for the D.C area
• 3-weeks PTO per year
• Paid Holidays
• Retirement plan
• Healthcare, dental, & vision